- Why is the notion of ethics particularly important in the criminal justice system?
- Why did state and federal governments begin contracting private corporations to build and run prisons?
- Describe the difference between reasonable suspicion and probable cause.
- What are the arguments against mandatory minimum sentencing laws? Name two.
- Explain the low standard of proof required for a stop and frisk procedure.
Critical Thinking Questions
- Do you think solitary confinement is ethical? If not, explain what makes the practice unethical. If so, explain the circumstances in which you believe solitary confinement should be used.
- Do you think it is possible to run a private prison ethically? Why or why not?
- Is it ethical for law enforcement officers to lie to suspects during a confession?
- Is the death penalty ever an ethical form of punishment?
- Do you think it’s reasonable to hold law enforcement officers to a higher standard of behavior?
Just answer questions 2-3 sentences.
DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN APA STYLE.