Option #1: New London Case Study
Read the City of New London, Connecticut, Police Department in Chapter 5 of Industrial/Organizational Psychology. In a well-written paper, answer the following questions:
- Do you agree with New London’s reasoning about being “too bright”?
- Do you agree with the judge’s decision that it was not discriminatory to not hire people who are highly intelligent? Why or why not?
- How would you have determined the cognitive ability requirements for this job?
Adhere to the following standards:
- Your paper should be two to four pages in length, not including the title or references pages.
- Review the grading rubric, which can be accessed on the Materials link for each week.
- Your paper should include an introduction, a body with at least two fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Support your interpretation with evidence from the book and at least two peer-reviewed journal articles from the library.