In an eight- to ten-page paper demonstrate your understanding and application of retail management. In your paper you must
- Describe the similarities and differences of three types of retail enterprises (food, general merchandise, and services).
- Select one retailer for each type and
- Describe its physical characteristics, including the location and layout, and explain why these contribute to or hinder its ability to be successful.
- Analyze its organizational and operational characteristics.
- Recommend customer service and merchandising strategies each retailer should implement to acquire new customers and create customer loyalty.
- Explain the financial records required by each type of retailer for financial control.
- Propose and discuss three traits an individual should possess to be an effective retail manager for each retailer.