- Resolving Ethical Business Challenges: Albert
Read “Resolving Ethical Business Challenges” in Chapter 4 of your text, and then address the following points. Support your response with evidence from the text.
- Identify the ethical and legal issues of which Albert needs to be aware.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each decision that Albert could make and has made.
- Identify the pressures that have brought about these issues.
Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’ postings. Respond to at least two classmates by sharing additional issues or advantages/disadvantages that your classmates have not considered. Support your views with evidence from the textbook and at least one scholarly article from the Ashford University Library.
- Establishing Stakeholder Orientation
Analyze how the process of establishing a stakeholder orientation impacts business ethics and social responsibility by completing the following:
- Describing a stakeholder orientation.
- Illustrating the effect a stakeholder orientation has on business ethics and social responsibility.
- Discussing how a stakeholder orientation affects honesty and fairness.
Support your response by citing evidence from the textbook. All citations must be formatted in accordance with APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center..
Review several of your classmates’ posts. Respond to at least two of your classmates by sharing an additional way that stakeholder orientation affects honesty and fairness that they have not yet considered.
To complete the following assignment, go to this week’s Assignment link in the left navigation.
Examine the Federal Sentencing Guidelines for Organizations (FSGO), Sarbanes – Oxley Act (SOX), and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
In a three to five page paper excluding title page and reference page(s) complete the following:
- Explain the events that led to each of these regulatory measures.
- Illustrate the impact of these laws on business ethics.
- Share a specific example from an article or case study that highlights how one or more of these regulatory measures have affected business ethics in an organization.
In your paper, be sure to reference two or more articles from the Ashford University Library or other scholarly resources that discuss legislation intended to reform corporate abuse.
You may also draw information from peer-reviewed journals and industry reports to support your findings.
The written assignments must be formatted in accordance with APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.