Assignment 1: Rule of the Road
Due Week 3 and worth 120 points
Imagine you made your hobby of building model airplanes into a small business that produces very small remote control aircrafts capable of long sustained flights. You are ready to expand your business by competing for Department of Homeland Security contracts.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze how the federal act supports and favors your business over large multinational organizations that build aircrafts (e.g., Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation).
2. Create an organizational chart that would best support working within the federal contracting system and explain the value of each position (i.e., internal contracting officer) to your proposed business.
3. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
the specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the basics of how and from whom the federal government buys what it needs.
- Apply the rules of federal government contracting.
- Compare the government’s key players and describe their main functions.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contract administration and management.
- Write clearly and concisely about contract administration and management using proper writing mechanics.