BOOK MUST BE USED ONLY!!! i WILL GIVE THE LINK TO THE BOOK WHEN YOU ARE ACCEPTED. Here is the template if you would like to use it INCLUDED. Each question must be throughly answered!! which could mean several paragraphs to a few sentences.
. All answers MUST be in your own words unless the question asks for a direct definition or to list specific information. I want you to show you understand the concept. I do not want to know how good your copy/paste skills are, so DO NOT copy and paste from the textbook or PowerPoint. I do realize your answers will include the same or similar words to the textbook or PowerPoint. Just make sure you have taken the information and explained it on your own when possible.
Each question is worth 5 points. Some questions will be more difficult, or include more parts but others will be much simpler, so everything should balance out.
Reading Assignment 2 (65 points)
1. What is a research problem? Why is it important to develop the full range of possible research problems?
2. How does the research proposal differ from the research request agreement?
1. What are the basic uses for exploratory research?
2. Describe four types of exploratory research.
3. Look at the MSUB Library’s Research guide on How to Write a Literature Review. What is a literature review? What are the do’s and don’ts?
1. Define the difference between primary and secondary data.
2. Provide an example of primary and secondary data.
3. What are the main advantages and disadvantages of secondary data? Do these apply equally to internal and external secondary data?
1. What are the four Vs of big data?
2. In terms of marketplace sources of “big data,” what is social data? Mobile data? Omni-channel transactional data?
3. What are the main differences between descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analyses?
1. Give three examples of reliable sources of secondary data.
2. What is single-source data?
BONUS: Take a look at all of the available research guides from the library. Share three (3) insights from one you find interesting. Worth up to 5 points.