Course Project – Company Selection and Stock Watch
For this assignment, you will prepare a stock watch. Begin by conducting an Internet search to select five company stocks. Yahoo! Finance is an excellent resource. Two of your selected company stocks must be from the same industry (i.e. Ford, General Motors).
Download the Company Selection and Stock Watch. Excel file and complete the requested information for your five selected company stocks. For each stock, your table should contain the following information:
- Date from which you are quoting information
- The name of the company and its stock (ticker) symbol.
- The current price of the stock
- The board on which the company’s stock is traded
- Three financial facts about the company that may be relevant to investing in the stock
The goal of this assignment is to assist you in understanding basic investment ideas. In future weeks, you will choose three of these stocks for further analysis.