Week 3 Discussion Forum 1
Deliverable length: 150 words
- Understand the importance of reservations, customer database, and effective seating
To receive full credit for this Discussion Forum assignment and to facilitate an academic discussion, the following 3 parts need to be completed:
- Primary Task Response – must be posted in the forum 5 days prior to the Part 3 due date.
- Peer Response – must be posted 2 days prior to Part 3 due date.
- Summary Response – must be posted by due date listed in assignment list.
Part 1: Primary Task
Within the Discussion Forum area, write in no less than 150 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
The use of technology in the restaurant industry is a necessity to keep pace with today’s face paced market. Research shows that restaurant managers are increasingly relying on computers to remain competitive in today’s market place. Restaurant point-of-service (POS) systems combine hardware and software to automate restaurant transactions and functions. Today’s POS systems are tied to purchase inventories allowing management to run reports and quickly and identify problems. Restaurant reservations and table management software has the functionality to track reservations as well as control seating and optimize server performance. Guest paging systems have become popular remote call systems used to reduce guest response times and quickly have them seated.
Choose one of the following methods to assist for your paper submission
- Describe the POS System used in a restaurant.
- Explain how it works in connecting orders to various service outlets in an establishment.
- Identify several advantages to using the system.
- Identify several disadvantages or challenges with using the system.