Trace evidence is often the key to an investigation and may be your only evidence. It is critical to understand what trace evidence can do for the investigator.
- What is the composition of vehicle paint layers?
- What is the best way to examine paint chips and how are they evaluated?
- How is soil collected and preserved at a crime scene.
- What standard/reference samples need to be collected?
- How is soil examined?
- What does the scientist look for?
This individual work should include the following:
- An in-depth submission that should be free of spelling and grammar errors.
- An essay 1-2 pages in length.
- You will be assessed on the rationale used in addressing the questions/issue posted, and how well you justify your argument regarding this issue.
- Your response must be thought-provoking, have well developed ideas and/or opinions, and should reference any supporting material from the text, lecture or other sources you have used to complete the assignment.
You may use your text or the internet as a reference, but remember to cite your sources according to APA guidelines.
For citation guidelines, please refer to the table in the APA Style section of the syllabus.