II. SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS SEMESTER’S DISCUSSION
Consider the concepts and data in Lesson 4 that describe the Personal Distribution of Income in our society.Also perform an internet search using that key term to obtain the most recent data … and to obtain various “normative” points of view regarding this topic.The assignment for the Initial Contribution (Item 1) is to post your basic view on this topic.Your initial posting on this topic should be approximately 500 to 600 words.This is equivalent to approximately one page (single space) in an 11 Font / Arial / MSWORD document.It is a good idea to rough draft your Initial Contribution in MSWORD, evolve your final draft, then copy and paste it to the DB.
Questions to consider (an average of 100 to 120 words on each question below with perhaps a little less on the first four questions and a little more on the last question ) –
- In what primary way is the current Distribution of Income aBENEFIT to our economy and to our society ?Why do you think so?
- In what primary way is the current Distribution of Income aCOSTto our economy and to our society ?Why do you think so?
- Should the Federal Government make aCHOICEto try to influence the Distribution of Income through tax policy and social programs ? Should the goal be:a) an exactly equal distribution,b) a somewhat more (or less) equal distribution, c) a slightly more (or less) equal distribution … or d) the government should not try to influence the distribution at all ?
- In your view, what is the primaryUNCERTAINTYandthe primaryRISKof a Federal Government choice to try (or not to try) to influence the present Distribution of Income ?
- What is your interpretation of Figure 4.6 on Page 77 of our textbook and how would you change those figures if you had the power to do so ?What would be the Benefit, the Cost, the primary Uncertainty and the primary Risk of the changes that you would make ?