Understanding the diseases our elder citizens face helps the paralegal to understand the state of mind of your clients; the fears and financial and emotional burdens under which they labor.
In a 1-2 page paper, respond to the following:
- What is the fastest growing age group in America today?
- Is it predicted by demographers that in the year 2030, one in every five Americans will be over the age of 65: True or False? Explain.
- Define “baby boomers.”
- A healthy child born today has an average life expectancy of 68 years: True or False? Explain.
- Name at least 10 illnesses and conditions that routinely afflict the elderly.
- What alternate lifestyles are available for the well and ill elderly?
- What are the major issues with which an elder lawyer must deal?
- Briefly explain what long-term care insurance is.
- What are the differences between Medicare and Medicaid?
- What role does the elder law professional play in the field of elder law?