Select a federal agency to study. Only one student in this class can study any individual agency so you must sign up with your agency on the discussion board.( I am taking the ED, which is department of Education.)
Research your agency beginning with the agency’s web site to create a report that could be used to introduce the agency to an audience of business professionals.
Your paper should be 1-2 single-spaced pages long and use APA style citations.
The paper must include the following information:
- a description of the general purpose of the agency
- information about the scope of the agency’s authority (do they regulate one industry? one type of problem? what are they responsible for?)
- a description of the work of the agency including the following areas, if applicable
- prevention/education directed toward the industry or persons being regulated
- prevention/education directed toward the general public or consumers
- development of best practices or industry standards
- resources available to the public
- any other information that is useful to understand the function and value of the agency
NOTE: Do not just copy and paste material from the agency website. You must organize, evaluate, and summarize the information yourself in order to receive full credit for this assignment.