You, as a HR Generalist, have been asked by your HR Director for your recommendations in terms of what tools your organization could use to better manage the talents of your employees. This will help to develop policies and procedures in managing your human capital. Please develop a PowerPoint presentation to your Director addressing the following:
- Describe and analyze the broad range of talent management efforts that use software applications to help you Director to make an educated decision.
- Give some examples of firms that have successfully used these applications.
- Describe how these efforts are useful in terms of strategic human capital management.
You are the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) at your organization. As the CHRO, one of your primary roles is to be the workforce strategist. Your organization is planning to expand business operations to your neighboring state by opening an office. As a result of this expansion, your organization needs to make sure that the best and brightest employees are recruited to fill key roles at the new office. Write a 7-10 page research paper using APA style outlining the steps involved in recruiting the staff at the new office.
- The student researched the legal statues affecting the selection and hiring of employees.
- The student identified the number and type of positions that need to be filled at the new office. Moreover, the student discussed qualifications, e.g., education level and number of years of experience, associated with each position.
- The student researched, evaluated and chose several selection devices such as interviews or ability tests to reject or accept applicants. Moreover, the student assessed the weaknesses and strengths of these selection devices.
- The student researched, evaluated and chose whether or not to utilize integrity testing and drug testing.
- The student applied correct APA, style, usage, grammar, and punctuation.
- The student supported the research paper with at least four different scholarly sources such as research journals, research studies, government or accredited educational institutions websites.