Read Case Study I-1 entitled “IMT Custom Machine Company, Inc.: Selection of an Information Technology Platform” on pages 116-127 in Brown, C. V., DeHayes, D. W., Hoffer, J. A., Martin, W. W., & Perkins, W. C. (2012). Managing information technology (7th ed.).
Then write a debriefing report that includes the “pros” and “cons” of the four options presented to the vice president and division manager in the case study. Include a recommendation for the one of the four options you feel would be the most appropriate solution. If none of the four options is the appropriate solution, recommend a new option.
In your response remember to address the following:
– How well staff is able to handle the option
– Key applications and their ability to work with the type of system
– Tools available that work with the type of system
– Stability of vendor[s]
– Consistency with business group strategies and vision
– Budget and capacity planning
– Software licensing
Your report should be 4-5 pages in length and well-written. Use academic writing standards and APA style guidelines, citing references as appropriate.