- Examine the overall importance of both substantive law and procedural law. Suggest three (3) ways in which these two (2) types of laws can protect both individual rights and social order. Discuss the invaluable aspects of substantive and procedural in keeping the adversarial system in balance while protecting individual rights and social order. Justify the response.
- Analyze the key differences between criminal law, civil law, and administrative law. Discuss the role of each when criminal and administrative law or civil and administrative law intersects in the litigation process.Propose two (2) ways in which these three (3) types of laws protect individual rights and social order. Justify the response.
- Review the three (3) functions of law. Explain the essential manner in which the law overall ensures the existence of adequate order, provides resolutions to conflicts, and protects civil liberties (e.g., freedom of thought, belief, expression, and assembly; protection against unreasonable searches and seizures; and provisions for a court hearing prior to government taking of property) as set forth in the U.S. Constitution.
- Debate whether or not social control(s), as a function of law, play a fundamentally positive/creative role or negative / restrictive role in the development of modern American law. Provide a rationale for the response.
- Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources. Use subtitles in your work.
4 pages apa formatting
a book you could use together with other references , Champion, D. J., Hartley, R. D., & Rabe, G.A. (2012). Chapter 1 Law: The Legal Battlefield. In Criminal courts: Structure, process, and issues (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.