For your final SLP, do some research on the currency and banking situation in your country.
We normally think of currency and banking risks as being something confined to third world or developing countries. But events in the last few years such as the Euro crisis or the financial crisis in the U.S. have shown that not even the wealthy, developed countries are without risks on the financial side. So it is important for any company doing business in your country to carefully consider these risks that they face.
After you’ve done some research about financial issues in your country, write a two to three page paper covering the following issues:
- The currency of your country. Is it stable? Does your country have fixed or floating exchange rates? Does the exchange rate fluctuate a lot?
- The banking system in your country. How safe is this system? Any recent banking crisis in your country?
- Overall does the financial system in your country make it easy or difficult to do business? What kind of steps would you recommend for a company doing business in your country to hedge or minimize their financial risks? Refer to at least one of the required readings from the background materials in your answer.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing background materials.
- Make sure to use reliable and credible sources as your references. Articles published in established newspapers or business journals/magazines are preferred. If you find articles on the Internet, make sure they are from a credible source.
- Reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 13 and 14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.