- Week 3 PowerPoint Presentation and Video Lecture
- “Lengthing Payment Terms”
- “How to be Customer of Choice for your Suppliers”
Week 3 Discussion 2
Answer the three questions below.
- (300 – 400 Word Min) Legal contracts can be complicated to draft. When multiple people work on a project, usually one person takes the lead. In writing purchasing contracts, who should take the lead: the legal expert or the purchasing expert? Please justify your answer with a logical argument or an example.
- (300 – 400 Word Min) Selecting the wrong supplier can be very costly for a firm. However, there are many things to consider when selecting suppliers and it is not an exact science. What are some of the mistakes that can be made in supplier selection and evaluation?
- (300 – 400 Word Min) Partnerships and strategic alliances are common in business. Please provide an example of a partnership or strategic alliance that helped a firm improve its purchasing. This example should come from the business press.