For many years, organizations have realized the need for developing effective risk management plans; likewise, major incidents over the past ten to fifteen (10-15) years have emphasized the importance of these plans. As a result, many organizations are realizing the need for a structured risk management approach with appropriate plans to mitigate the risks. A computer incident response team (CIRT) plan is designed to help organizations prepare for incidents that might occur, as it defines who, what, when, where, and why of the response effort.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Describe the purpose, focus, and main elements of a CIRT plan.
- Assess how a CIRT plan fits into the overall risk management approach of an organization and how it supports other risk management plans.
- Analyze how the development of a CIRT plan enables management to adopt a more proactive approach to risk management. Include recommendations for remaining proactive in the continual improvement and update of CIRT plans.
- Identify the management and oversight responsibilities in the development of an effective CIRT plan.
- Analyze the current regulatory requirements mandating risk management processes and plans and provide your opinion of how the regulatory requirements will change over the next five to ten (5-10) years.
- Use at least 5 (five) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
NB. Please avoid as many grammar errors as possible, include in-text citations, include websites or similar resource in the reference page. The job has to be good, otherwise, it won’t be accepted.