Week 2 Listening Discussion Prompt Guidelines
- You must create your own Thread (a.k.a. comment response to the prompt) before you can see other students’ comments.
- Your Thread (a.k.a. comment response to the prompt) needs to be of sufficient depth and a minimum of one paragraph in length which is no less than 100 words.
- Respond to at least 2 other students’ comments.
- You responses to the other students’ comments need to be of sufficient depth and a minimum of one paragraph in length which is no less than 100 words.
- In order for you to receive full credit and be “of sufficient depth”, I need to see proof that you watched the concert so reference something specific that stood out to you. Comments that are too general or vague, such as “This piece of music really moved me I liked it a lot.” or “I agree 100%.”, will not count for credit. It is acceptable to state that you liked it or agree but you need to support your claims and explain why you liked it or why you agree.
- Extra points will be given to people that reply to more than the minimum requirement.
Week 2 Listening Discussion PROMPT:
- Some general characteristics of Renaissance aesthetic include a humanist element that placed a greater emphasis on the dignity of man and the possibilities of human life in this world. The artistic goals of this period are to be 1) Objective, 2) Restrained, and 3) Balanced. To put it another way, the Renaissance aesthetic is to be self-controlled, fair, neutral, unbiased, giving equal focus to the different elements involved, and to not be influenced by personal feelings. In your opinion, how does this piece of music embody and promote those goals?
- In your response to the prompt above, incorporate a response to one of the questions from the “Melody'” section of the SoundMaker’s Talking Music Tip Sheet available in the Course Materials Module or from this link: Take me to the SoundMaker’s Talking Music Tip Sheet!