The Federal Reserve offers to the general public numerous publications available at the Website of the Federal Reserve Board here.
The Federal Reserve Board testimonies, press releases, monetary policy reports, the Beige Book, and a variety of other publications offer a detailed assessment of current economic activity, financial markets, and the monetary policy tools used to promote economic activity and preserve price stability.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the role and the effectiveness of the Federal Reserve in stabilizing the current economy.
- Determine which economic indicators the Federal Reserve should analyze so it can better stabilize this particular economy.
- Describe which monetary policies the Federal Reserve might use to influence the money supply.
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of using monetary policy in comparison to fiscal policy when promoting economic activity and preserving price stability.
- Analyze the effect of the Federal Reserve’s action you identified in #3 on the aggregate demand / supply model.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.