1. A website can be an important part of a nonprofit organization’s public relations, fund raising, marketing, and customer service plans. As the founder of a new nonprofit organization that will be providing assistance to the homeless in a major city in the Midwest, you need to prepare a marketing plan. Describe how you will use the website in conjunction with public relations, fund raising, marketing, and customer service.
2. Identify four (4) tax related benefits of achieving tax exempt status.
3. Responsibilities of a nonprofit organization’s governing board consist of legal and fiduciary, oversight, fund-raising, and representation of constituencies and viewpoints. Address the oversight duties of the governing board.
4. Budgeting and the preparation of financial projections are critical activities for any given nonprofit organization. Briefly explain at least three of the problems that may be faced during the preparation of the budget.
5. Having an effective information system is important for a nonprofit organization. Address at least four areas of information that a system should be able to accumulate and process.
1. Attracting, managing, and retaining volunteers are important steps for many nonprofit organizations. Describe at least five challenges in managing volunteers for your nonprofit organization.
2. Aligning the strategic plan of a nonprofit organization with the mission of that organization is a major step in the strategic planning process. Explain ways that the governing board of the organization can help ensure such alignment.
3. A manager in a nonprofit organization may face a number of responsibilities different from those of a person managing in a for-profit business. Please describe four (4) such managerial responsibilities unique to nonprofit managers and assess difficulties nonprofits face in measuring individual performance against them.
4. A few months ago, you were honored to be elected the chairperson of the governing board of the West Coast Relocation Association. You have held the title for a few months with minimal effort. This morning, though, an investigative reporter informed you that the executive director had been arrested on a financial crime that may or may not be related to the organization. Describe how the situation should be handled. You may include in your answer a brief discussion of the role of the governing board. Emphasize in your answer actions that the organization could possibly take from a public relations and management perspective.
5. Two employees of the nonprofit organization that you represent as a media specialist were indicted for fraud involving your organization on the previous day. You have been asked to prepare a statement for release to the public. Discuss the steps that you should follow when preparing the statement.