Imagine that you just created a new start-up company. You want to compete in the growing industry of drone navigation systems. VectorCal is the only major company in the field. You also want to be a leaner, faster version of a company that you view as being too slow and costly. Note: you may create and /or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe the new start-up company that you have created. Include in your description the nature of your company, its mission and vision, your company’s product, an analysis of your staff, and your target clientele.
- Criticize VectorCal’s forecasting method. Determine the appropriate forecasting approach for your company. Provide a rationale to support your determination.
- Suggest the semi-variable, allocated, and indirect costs that you should address in the startup phase of your company. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
the specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the characteristics of government contracting that affect pricing and what is considered fair and reasonable pricing.
- Outline the process to forecast the likely price of an acquisition, calculate semi-variable costs, and allocate direct and indirect costs.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in cost and price analysis.
- Write clearly and concisely about cost and price analysis using proper writing mechanics.