Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Following live attendance or playback review of the Live Chat, a review of the posted presentation materials, or other materials from scholarly publications or websites: post a response to the following considering your personal dissertation research problem area.
- Choose a single theory that you believe has applicability to your dissertation.
- Locate scholarly literature that explains the theory including definitions of the key concepts/variables within that theory.
- Also locate a scholarly journal article that tested aspects of that theory within the reported study.
- In your post include:
- The name and author of the theory;
- Description of the theory including definitions of the concepts/variables.
- Report briefly on the findings associated with the theory from your selected research study. Cite your sources including the journal article reporting the research you selected.
- Include 1-2 key takeaway points from this assignment and how 1 of these will be integrated into your continued doctoral study efforts.
My dissertation topic is: Parental Decision- Making on Childhood Vaccinations
The scholarly literature that I’ve located is:
- Davis TC, Fredrickson DD, Arnold CL, et al. Childhood vaccine risk/ benefit communication in private practice office settings: a national survey. Pediatrics 2001;107(2):E17
- Gellin BG, Maibach E, Marcuse EK. Do parents understand immuni- zations? A national telephone survey. Pediatrics 2000;106:1097-102.
- Frederickson D, Davis TC, Bocchini JA. Explaining the risks and ben- efits of vaccines to parents. Pediatr Ann 2001;30(7):400-6.