Prepare a ten- to fifteen-page paper that includes at least five different scholarly references. Your final paper must identify a current public policy issue/controversy in the news today that would benefit from a policy change and include the following components:
- Describe and analyze the scope of the public policy concern. Be sure to address the following in your analysis.
- Who are the stakeholders and affected constituencies?
- What political institutions are relevant to the policy discussion about this issue?
- Is the public policy issue one that is faced by both the federal government and state governments?
- How much does the public policy issue cost Americans? How much would it cost to address the issue? If the costs are unknown, why are they unknown?
- Discuss at least three proposed policies to address this issue.
- Recommend a solution to the policy concern from those proposed. Be sure to address the following in your recommendation:
- Assess the administrative feasibility of the solution.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of the solution.
- Relate your recommendation back to the issues raised in the scope of the policy concern.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be ten- to fifteen double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide. Note that title/abstract pages, references, and any exhibits/appendices are not counted in the total page length.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Title of paper
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.