1.In addition to benefiting your personal life and society, being a skilled public speaker can also benefit your?
2.Briefly describe how you could benefit society by being a skilled public speaker.?
3.Which of the following skills are especially important for public speakers?
Organize ideas logically
Encode or express ideas clearly
Analyze and adapt to receivers readily
All of the above
4. Public speaking anxiety (PSA) affects what percentage of all speakers?
5. The ___________________ of a speech are the major ideas that you will relay to receivers through your speech
6. One factor that influences your credibility is the quality and relevance of your supporting materials.
7. Which of the following should be the very first component of your speech?
Preview of main points
8. ______________________ can help enhance your speech and may include physical objects, drawings, charts, graphs, photographs, or sound recordings
9. Briefly explain why practicing your speech is important.
10. When do audience members generally begin to form their impressions of both the speaker and the speech?
After the first piece of evidence
At the end of the introduction
During the first few moments of the presentation
At the middle of the speech
11. What does an effective introduction help you do?
12. Audience members quickly form impressions of you.
13. When audience members believe your topic directly affects them, they will pay closer attention.True False
14. You will likely perceive a speaker as trustworthy and believable when they have:
Convinced you that he or she is qualified
Convinced you that he or she sincere
Convinced you that he or she is qualified someone with whom you can identify
Convinced you that his or her ideas are popular
15. The conclusion doesnâ€™t necessarily need to provide audience members with a sense of completion.True False
16The conclusion should be used to:
Restate ideas you have already introduced.
Introduce new points.
Add additional research to support your main points.
Reinforce the main points you want audience members to remember
17. Explain why ending too abruptly in your conclusion is a pitfall.
18. The ending of the speech isnâ€™t as important as the rest of the speech.
19. The audience should be able to identify when you are making your concluding points.
20. Todayâ€™s audiences are even more attuned to messages that have ______________ appeal than to ones appealing solely to their ears.
21. Visual aids can lend an air of professionalism to your speech.
22. Visual aids can increase the retention (memory) of your speech for the audience.
23. Audio and video clips can help make a speech more dynamic, involving, and exciting.
24. A ________________ is an actual object that has the power to compel listeners to focus their attention on your message, and better understand your subject.