Wk 2-Assignment 1
Properties Of Soil, Agriculture and Water Availability Impacts Laboratory
This lab enables you to analyze the natural porosity and particle size of soil samples along with the chemical composition and profile of different soil types.
Take the required photos and complete all parts of the assignment (calculations, data tables, etc.). On the “Lab Worksheet,” answer all of the questions in the “Lab Questions” section. Finally, transfer all of your answers and visual elements from the “Lab Worksheet” into the “Lab Report.” You will submit both the “Lab Report” and the “Lab Worksheet” to Waypoint.
Make sure to complete all of the following items before submission:
- Before you begin the assignment, read the The Scientific Method (Links to an external site.) presentation video. and review
- Complete Activities 1 through 4 using materials in your kit, augmented by additional materials that you will supply. Photograph each activity following these instructions:
- When taking lab photos, you need to include in each image a strip of paper with your name and the date clearly written on it.
- Complete all parts of the , and answer all of the questions in the “Lab Questions” section.
- Transfer your responses to the lab questions and the data tables and your photos from the “Lab Worksheet” into the “Lab Report” by downloading the .
- Submit your completed “Lab Report” and “Lab Worksheet” through Waypoint
Wk 2-Assignment 3
Sustainable Living Guide Contributions, Part 2 of 4 Sustaining our Agricultural Resources:
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read Chapter 3 in the Turk and Bensel’s Contemporary Environmental Issues textbook (2014).
The purpose of this assignment is twofold: first, to enable you to explore a term (concept, technique, place, etc.) related to this week’s theme of sustaining our agricultural resources; second, to provide your second contribution to a collective project, the Class Sustainable Living Guide. Your work this week, and in the weeks that follow, will be gathered (along with that of your peers) into a master document you will receive a few days after the end of the course. The document will provide everyone with a variety of ideas for how we can all live more sustainably in our homes and communities.
To complete this assignment,
- You will first need to select a term from the list of choices in the Week 2 – Term Selection Forum.(TERM TO USE IS ORGANIC FARMING)
- ( Reply to the forum with the term that you would like to research. Do not select a term that a classmate has already chosen. No two students will be researching the same topic.
- Next, download the and replace the guiding text with your own words based upon your online research. Please do not include a cover page. All references, however, should be cited in your work and listed at the end, following APA format expectations.
In the template, you will
- Define the term thoroughly.
- Clearly relate the term to the week’s theme.
- Explain how the term affects living things and the physical world.
- Relate the term to the challenge of achieving environmental sustainability.
- Justify if the term represents an obstacle to that goal, or perhaps a technique or technology that might promote it.
- Suggest two specific actions we can take to promote sustainability in relationship to this term.
- Provide detailed examples to support your ideas.
The Week 2 Assignment
- Must be three paragraphs in length (not including title, quoted text, or references and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resources.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least two credible and/or scholarly sources in addition to the course text. You will need to cite the following at minimum:
- The class textbook, or provide a URL formatted according to APA standards to the resource in case your term was not in the text.
- A scholarly source
- A credible source.
- To aid you in your research, and particularly in locating scholarly sources via the Ashford Library or using Google Scholar, please review the following Ashford videos and tutorials:
- Scholarly and Popular Resources (Links to an external site.)
- How to Use FindIt@AU (Links to an external site.)
- Database Search Tips (Links to an external site.)
- Research, Keywords, and Databases: An Overview (Links to an external site.)
- Accessing Full Text and Citation in Google Scholar (Links to an external site.)
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper guide. (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references list that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.