Answer the question present in the sections below. the answers should be between 500-1000 words (2 to 4 pages). You must base your answers on the text book, my lectures, and the primary sources. Moreover, you must cite at least TWO of the primary readings per each answer (either from the Voices of Freedom book or those that have been posted on Canvas).
- Like the last assignment, your answers should have an introduction, a body (where you provide the evidence for your answer), and a conclusion.
- Your answer should be based on the course material – the assigned readings and lectures. DO NOT CONSULT ANY OTHER OUTSIDE SOURCES!!!I do not want to know what Google or Wikipedia tells you about these topics. All the information you need to answer these questions can be found in the text book, the primary sources, and the class lectures. You will be docked points for any outside research!!
- Like the last essay, you MUST introduce and contextualize your quotes. You have to tell your reader what document is that you’re quoting.
- You don’t have to use any specific citation style. You can use what you’re comfortable with. Or, simply put the LAST NAME, Page #at the end of the quote.
- EX: Davenport noted that “The human babies born each year constitute the world’s most valuable crop. (Davenport, 251).”
- You should also try to avoid extended quotations. In almost all circumstances, you shouldn’t be quoting more than one or two sentences at a time. When you’re trying to quote a longer passage, intersperse your own words as necessary. When I see paragraph-length citations I start to worry that you’re just trying to fill up space.