1) A description of the reader of the magazine (bloomberg businessweek), target.
2) An analysis of whether the advertisement(turkish airlines ) is appropriately targeted to the reader
– Discuss whether the location of the ad is appropriate for the target market. Discuss whether the magazine from which the ad was taken was an appropriate place for the ad (that is, is the target market for the product likely to be the typical reader you just described). Describe what about the ad reflects or does not reflect the target market.
3) An analysis of how the advertisement will be viewed and interpreted by the reader
- Discuss how the advertisement is likely to affect the reader. In doing this, you may want to consider the following questions (keep in mind that not all questions will be relevant for advertisements and your particular ad may evoke questions that are not on this list):
- Is the reader of the ad likely to be the user of the product, the purchaser of the product or an influencer of product use?
- What is the image of the product advertised?
- Are the personality and/or self-concept of the reader consistent with the image of the product that is portrayed in the ad?
- How involved is the reader likely to be with the product? With the message?
- How much information processing/decision making is the consumer likely to be engaged in when purchasing the product? With the message? Is the execution of the ad consistent with this?
- What is likely to be the attitude of the consumer toward the brand in the ad? Toward the ad itself?
- How is the ad motivating the consumer (that is, to what needs is it appealing, or how is it convincing the consumer they have a need)? Is the appeal utilitarian or value expressive?
- How is the ad likely to affect the reader emotionally?
- How does the ad capture the readers’ attention (or does it)?
- Is the message in the ad attempting to inform/remind, to teach, or to persuade/change attitudes? Is this goal consistent with the execution of the ad?
- What types of message appeals are being used in the ad? Is a spokesperson used? Are the appeal and/or spokesperson appropriate for the target market?
- Does the ad use direct or indirect comparisons with other products? If so, is it appropriate; if not, should it?
- Does the ad attempt to capitalize on reference group affiliations? If so, is this appropriate; if not, should it?