AcademicWritersDen.com boasts a team of highly skilled and experienced writers who specialize in various academic fields. The company carefully selects its writers through a rigorous screening process to ensure that they possess the necessary qualifications and expertise. Whether it’s an essay, research paper, or any other homework assignment, students can rely on AcademicWritersDen.com to connect them with professionals who have an in-depth understanding of the subject matter. This ensures that the work delivered is of high quality and meets the academic standards set by educational institutions.
Responses to the 14 discussion questions will need to be supported with examples. The required word count is between 300-500 word response for each question. Responses cannot be longer than 600 words or shorter than 300 words. The textbook that will need to be used is:
Leon Ginsberg, Larry Nackerud, & Christopher R. Larrison.Human Biology for Social Workers:Development, Ecology, Genetics, and Health.Boston:Pearson Education, Inc.ISBN:0-205-34405-4
1. Atomic and molecular theories are fundamental to understanding human biology. In what ways do these theories help or hinder your comprehension of human beings and human behavior? Do you believe that scientific theorists always look at the world and its inhabitants as collections of molecules and atoms or is it that some-thing that only occasionally occurs to them, when they are engaged in scientific speculation and research?
3. Compare and contrast how theories with cultural determinism underpinning suggest social workers should respond to the problem of chronic mental illness compared to theories that integrate biological and cultural explanations for human behavior.
5.Define canalization and discuss how evolutionary psychologists use this concept to discuss the relationship between genetics and human behavior. Please use examples of human behavior to support your discussion.
6. What does the emphasis in western culture on speed of thinking as a sign of intellect mean for social work clients who are members of oppressed groups?
7.Discuss how findings from the HGP are likely to change our current understanding of mental illness. How will the findings change the kinds of interventions used by social workers? What practices are likely to remain unchanged?
8.Select four of the conditions described in this chapter and search for information about them on the Internet using Google or Yahoo or another appropriate search engine.Briefly describe what you found and how reliable do you believe the information to be?How, in your opinion, can one evaluate Internet information about health care for accuracy and reliability?
9. Discuss the role of genetics in mental health disorders and cite two examples.
10. The chapter talks about the physiological aspects of tobacco use. What would one have to know about the psychological and social elements of tobacco use to effectively educate clients about the use of the substance?
11. How do you contrast the essentialist and social construction theories of human sexuality?
12. Researchers on aging disagree about the inevitability of the deterioration of the body and the death of the individual. Some think that life can be extended significantly longer than it is. Others believe that it is simply impossible to eliminate the deterioration and death of the human body â€“ if not for some reasons, then for others. Which side are you on? Do you think that the human body can be significantly extended in life through biological interventions?
13. How can U.S based social workers contribute solutions to the AIDS epidemic in Africa?
14. If your task was to teach an adult social wok client critical thinking skills, where would you begin and what would you emphasize?