Terminology and Review.Please use your own resources and put a reference to it.
My textbook is Technology in the Law Office by Thomas Goldman
Lectures from textbooks
- Explain the basic functions of office management software.
- Describe the function of calendaring software in the law office.
- Explain the importance of timekeeping software. Explain the importance of accounting records in a law office.
- Explain the use of project management in the law office.
- Explain the reasons for the use of software in managing litigation cases.
- Describe how case management programs are used.
- Understand the functions of case analysis software, and explain its value to a law firm.
- Describe the advantages of using timelines in litigation.
- Define the term discovery and explain the purposes of discovery in litigation.
- Describe how the federal rules have been changed to address the discovery of electronically stored information.
- Describe the procedures and time periods for discovery under the federal rules.
- Explain the purpose and the expected outcomes of the attorney “meet and confer” rule.
- Explain the rules governing what information is discoverable.
- Describe the function and use of depositions.
- Explain how the litigation team can protect privileged or confidential information under the federal rules, and describe how the team can protect against the inadvertent disclosure of such information.
- Define metadata.
- Describe the electronic discovery process and the role of information management.
- Describe the methods used to identify relevant information in e-discovery.
- Explain the issues in locating evidence among electronically stored information.
- Describe the issues that arise in using search queries in e-discovery.
- Describe the role of a forensic examiner in e-discovery.