The Myth of Lobbyists
Part I: Lobbyists have been part of the U.S. Government system since the early 1800s. Lobbyists play an important role in healthcare, as they are advocates for their interest group. In a 4-5 page paper, analyze two examples of how lobbyists affect healthcare legislation. Conclude your paper with your opinion about whether the actions of lobbyists have a positive or negative effect on healthcare legislation in the United States. Please keep in mind the position and facility you selected. Make sure to include the following:
- Discuss the specific interest of the lobbyist in each example.
- Discuss in detail some of the ethical issues and moral disputes for each example.
- Discuss your position on whether the lobbyists’ actions are positive or negative on healthcare legislation in the United States and support your points with details.
- This portion of your assignment will require you to research and examine information from various sources. Use a minimum of five credible sources for your paper, with three being an academic source from the Rasmussen College Online Library (don’t forget to include in-text citations throughout your paper with paraphrasing or quoting)
- Make sure to include your APA formatted reference page.
Part II: An agenda can set the tone for a meeting. It’s an important tool to ensure meetings are staying on track and meeting all of the objectives. Create a detailed meeting agenda for a meeting you will hold with your supervisor and fellow department heads discussing your findings (Hint: Microsoft Word has many agenda templates). SkillSurfer in the online tutoring platform offers beginner, intermediate, and advanced tutorials on Microsoft Office products. Make sure to include the following in our agenda:
- Explain each example
- The majority of the agenda should be focused on whether the actions of lobbyists have a positive or negative effect on healthcare legislation in the United States.
Make sure to use audience specific language and tone in your agenda. Remember, your supervisor and other department heads will be in attendance. Also, make sure to follow proper agenda/business formatting guidelines and make sure document is professional in appearance.
Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: