Your research assignment for this class will be to choose a staffing current events topic to research. There are three parts to the assignment:
- The paper itself (not including the bibliography) should be 4-6, double-spaced pages, prepared in Word.
- The topic must be directly related to a specific issue covered in the course material or related to selection or recruitment.
- In addition to usual requirements for academic grammar and format, including use of the APA 6th edition, students will use appropriate terminology and syntax to produce work rivaling professional quality.
The paper will include an annotated bibliography with a minimum of 10 books, magazines and/or journal references on their topic.
- At least half of the sources are to be no more than two years old. Emphasis must be placed on current events topics that directly the human resource staffing and recruiting function, so several references used should be dated within the last 18 months.
- At least one reference must provide a theoretical framework to support key points made in the body of the paper.
- Not more than two academic textbooks will be counted in the total number of references for credit. In addition to writing style, intellectual rigor will be assessed by the variety, depth and professional nature of the sources cited (i.e. professional magazines and journals will score higher than general interest sources and unsupported Internet items.
- YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY LOSE ONE LETTER GRADE FOR FAILING TO SUBMIT AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY.
The cover of the research paper should include a one page Executive Summary of your research that will not be included in the page number count for the paper.
- The Executive Summary should assume that you are presenting your work to the CEO of your company and should be written with that level of professional quality.
- The summary should not just define what your topic is but should clearly state a synopsis of what you found and your own analysis of the research.
- You should assume that the CEO would not want to read the entire paper and will instead want a summary of your research along with your recommendations for your organization based on what you found.
The rubric for Written Assignments is available in the Course Content area for this assignment.
- Your final paper should be 4 – 6 double-spaced pages, prepared in Word, along with an additional Executive Summary as your cover page. You must have a minimum of 10 sources no less than two scholarly journals included. Sources should not be more than 10 years old and at least half should be not more than 2 years old. All citations and references should be formatted in accordance with APA 6th edition guidelines.