This course is called supervision. The textbook is Supervision and Leadership in a Changing World.
This paper must be original because I gonna turnitin. Otherwise, I won’t pay your money.
are required to write and submit a two page essay paper.
- It MUST be written as an essay, i.e. sources cited properly at the end of the paper.
- The paper can be about any topic that is related to the chapters in the textbook. EXCEPT, you may not write on a topic that was assigned as an essay during the term.
- You must provide at least four references (one may be the textbook, itself). You can use the references that the authors of the textbook used to build each chapter. You can find the references, by chapter, in the back of the textbook. You can use on-line references; however, you may NOT use Wikipedia as a source. By going on-line through Troy’s Library, you should be able to retrieve most, if not all of the references you wish to use (with the exception of books).
- The essay must be typed, using 12pt. font, double-spaced, in MS-Word format or Rich Text Format (rtf). Failure to comply will result in point deductions.
- Your essay must include a title, and the final page must be a separate listing of the references you used. The title page and reference page do not count as a part of the body of the paper.
- Your paper must include a title, and the final page must be a separate listing of the references you used.
- Your paper should consist of an introduction of the topic, some discussion of what is already written about the topic (here’s a good place for your references—in journals this is known as the literature review), and then a discussion of the points you want to make, ending with a conclusion.
- Note: I do NOT want to see textbook passages fed back to me. I want your thoughts. Indeed, please note that no more than 20% of the paper may consist of quoted passages (roughly 100 words). Also, note, I will run the paper through the plagiarism software we use. So do NOT try to use someone else’s writing as your own.
- If your paper is found to be more than 20% non-original (that is, 80% of the paper is deemed as coming from sources other than yourself—and, by that, I mean that it is identical, or virtually identical to works of other sources, you will receive a Zero on the paper, and your final grade will be reduced by one full letter grade.
- Related to that, submitting a paper you wrote for another course or that you submitted earlier assignment in this class is also not acceptable. This is what is known as “self-plagiarism” and is considered to be unethical. Same penalty applies.
- Finally, please note that grammar counts. I will be grading for grammar, typos, etc. A sloppily written paper, from a grammatical and otherwise standpoint, suggest a lack of professionalism and competence on the part of the writer. Hence, 20% of the grade will be based on grammar, clarity of writing, etc.