Weekly Discussion Question
1. Analyze the media’s effect on terrorism. Speculate on the end result that each side (the media and the terrorist group) hopes to gain from the other. Assess the degree to which media coverage of a terrorist attack can affect the public and its perception of the terrorist group. Provide at least one (1) example of such media usage that supports your response.
2. Explain the various ways in which terrorists use the Internet to aid their terrorist activities. Evaluate the degree to which terrorists use the Internet to advance their cause. Provide at least one (1) example of such Internet usage that supports your response.
3. Describe at least four (4) different force multipliers that terrorists use. Evaluate the effectiveness of each of these force multipliers in contributing to the success of a terrorist attack. Justify your response.
4. Choose one of the four (4) force multipliers you described in the first part of this discussion and provide a specific example from an actual real-life terrorist attack that demonstrates the utilization of the force multiplier by a terrorist group. Assess the effectiveness of that terrorist group’s use of the force multiplier in question. Justify your response.
Explain in your own words the importance of ethics in both public and private security. Devise at least one (1) scenario regarding ethics in public and/or private security and determine what you believe the most ethical course of action would have been in that scenario. Justify your response.
Assignment #2: The Legality of Security Work
Due Week Four (4)
Choose either public or private security and write a 2-3 page paper on the elements of negligent liability and the legal issues associated with the performance of security work. Provide examples of negligent liability and how it can be prevented for public or private security.>
This paper should adhere to APA 5th edition style standards including the following:
- Double space
- 1″ margins
- Title page
- In text citation of references
- Reference page