I NEED WEEK 1 IN 4 DAYS
Week 1A – Complete the “State’s Rules Review Worksheet.”
Week 1B – 1BA: Movie (750words + 2 minimum scholarly references)
Select a movie from the following list:
- Terms of Endearment (1983) (PG)
- Ordinary People (1980) (R)
- Saving Mr. Banks (2013) (PG-13)
- My Sister’s Keeper (2009) (PG-13)
- Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) (PG)
- Footloose (1984) (PG)
- The Queen of Versailles (2012) (PG)
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011) (PG-13)
- 28 Days (2000) (PG-13)
Watch the selected movie in preparation for the biopsychosocial assessment. As you watch the movie, focus on one specific character in the movie as the focus of your clinical attention. Take notes over relevant patterns and significant moments/details within the characters’ journey. Consider the character’s behavior patterns within the confines of the movie. Information gathered in this introductory assignment is intended to prepare you for next week’s formal psychosocial assessment.
1BB: Case Study (750words + 2 minimum scholarly references)
Read the attached case study. Take notes over relevant patterns and significant moments/details within the persons’ journey. Information gathered in this introductory assignment is intended to prepare you for formal psychosocial assessment.
Week 1C – Complete the counselor dispositions worksheet.
Week 2 – Biopsychosocial Assessment: Part 1 (Obj. 2.1 and 2.3)
Refer back to the movie you selected and watched or the case study you read during Topic 1. Consider the character you selected or the person from the case study and complete a biopsychosocial assessment about your selected person using the provided biopsychosocial template. Only complete Part 1 of the template, as Part 2 will be completed later in the course.
Week 3 – Biopsychosocial Assessment: Part 2 (Obj. 3.1 and 3.2)
Refer back to the movie you selected and watched or the case study you read during Topic 1. Continue working on the biopsychosocial assessment submitted in Topic 2 and complete Part 2 of the biopsychosoical assessment. Make any suggested changes from your instructor.
Week 4 – Benchmark – Initial Treatment Plan: Eliza
This assignment contains four parts, as identified and described below. Please include four subheadings in your paper that clearly identifies each part. In a 2,000-word paper, include the following:
Part 1: Intake
- Read and review the Eliza intake document.
- Assess how you would use the Level 01 Cross-Cutting Measure (CCM-1), in addition to what specific questions would need to be answered by the end of the biopsychosocial assessment.
Part 2: Biopsychosocial Assessment
- Review the completed biopsychosocial assessment for Eliza.
- Provide an assessment related to client symptomology along with a DSM and ICD diagnosis based on client assessment.
- Provide the initial treatment goals and plan.
Part 3: Treatment Planning
- Determine what Level 02 Cross-Cutting Measure (CCM-2) you would utilize in future sessions based on the information provided.
- Identify one additional assessment outside of those provided by the APA that would measure what the future counselor is attempting to assess based on treatment goals/plan.
- Describe how you would convey the assessment findings to the client and family.
- Include how you would prioritize the needs and formulate agreed upon outcomes, measures, and strategies.
Part 4: Referral
- Identify any possible referrals you might make and how you might address them with your client.
- How would you know who to make referrals to and how would you follow up with the referral after you make it?
Be sure to include five to ten scholarly resources in your paper.
Week 5 – Benchmark – Treatment Plan Completion and Essay (Obj. 5.2 and 5.4)
Complete your treatment plan template for Eliza based on the previous assignments findings and any feedback received from your instructor. Additionally, write and submit a 1,000-word essay that includes the following:
- The treatment theory you would use and why.
- A description of how you would address any mental health, medical, legal, and substance use issues that the client exhibits in the case study through the lens of your counseling theory of choice.
- Include at least three scholarly sources in your paper.
Submit the paper and the treatment plan to your instructor.
Week 6 – Risk Assessment Scenario (Obj. 6.1 and 6.3)
As a counselor, being competent and familiar with risk assessment is essential to the therapeutic process; both in giving a client’s context related to treatment of their psychological symptoms and in helping the clinician prioritize short- and long-term treatment outcomes. This assignment contains three parts, as identified and described below. Please complete each part with a combined essay of 2000 words.
Part 1: Write a 800-word scenario that involves a client that you believe requires a risk assessment.
Part 2: Write a 400-word summary, discussing specific behaviors that lead you to create a risk assessment.
Part 3: Write a 800-word summary, discussing how you would assess the client. Include the following in your discussion:
- Questions you would ask to determine the client’s level of risk
- Protocol you would follow based on the client’s answers, including documentation
- Include at least five scholarly references in your paper.
Week 7 – Treatment Plan Reassessment: Eliza
In Topic 5, you submitted a treatment plan for your client Eliza. Since the initial treatment plan, several changes have taken place within Eliza’s case. Since the mandatory assessment two weeks ago, you have discovered that Eliza is again on your client listing for the day due to a mandatory evaluation, with the incident report indicating that campus public safety, due to a tip from a concerned resident, found the client passed out and alone in her dorm, smelling of alcohol.
Part 1: Review the initial Treatment Plan submitted in Topic 5.
- Reassess your treatment plan diagnoses, goals, and objectives based on the new information provided.
- Fill out and submit a new treatment plan evidencing the changes made in treatment utilizing the treatment plan template provided.
Part 2: In a 1,250-word essay, answer the questions presented in a separate Word document, addressing the following:
- Examine the case and propose why the changes occurred.
- Reassess the effectiveness and validity of the treatment plan.
- Discuss how the treatment plan needs to be adjusted to address the changes in the situation.
- Justify the changes both ethically and legally.
- Determine what the changes (obstacles) mean to the treatment plan.
- Discuss how you would evaluate the resources available for you to make a referral.
- Discuss how you would communicate to the client the need for referrals to other providers.
- Determine which referrals you would make and which you might suggest to the client.
- Include any instruments you would use to assess the client.
Submit the revised treatment plan and essay to your instructor.
Week 8 – Discharge Summary and Summary Statement (Obj. 8.1 and 8.2)
Part 1: Using the revised treatment plan completed in Topic 7, complete a discharge summary for your client using the “Discharge Summary” template. This discharge summary should address the following:
- What behaviors would indicate that the client is sustaining at a healthy baseline?
- How would you determine if Eliza met her treatment goals?
- What factors would determine if the treatment needed to be reevaluated, extended, or possibly referred to another clinician or setting?
- Based on your assessment of current symptomology, does your client, Eliza, need wraparound services, outpatient references, and/or step-down services? (Recommendations should be based on the information gathered for second mandatory evaluation).
- How would you encourage involvement in community-based resources?
Part 2: Write a 1,000-word summary statement about your client, Eliza.
Include or address the following in your summary statement:
- Demonstrate whether or not the client met the goals of the treatment plan.
- What specifically contributed to the success of the treatment plan or lack thereof?
- What language would you use to communicate the outcome to the client?
- How would you document the final session?
- Include at least five scholarly references in your paper.
Submit your discharge summary and summary statement to your instructor.