Your company has seen important internal projects go off track during execution. After-the-fact analysis has revealed the common factors of inadequate controls and unremarkable but unexpected problems. Senior management now believes that developing and implementing a set of standard control processes, integrated with both planning and execution, will raise success rates.
In a 6-10 page training document, complete the following:
- Create training materials for the project office.
- Indicate what controlling measures should be taken at each phase of a project.
- Provide a survey of important forecasting techniques.
- Outline limitations and pitfalls of the various forecasting techniques.
- Choose one technique from each of the major forecasting categories (numerical/statistical, simulation, earned value analysis, and/or ad hoc), and discuss in detail.