Use the Internet and your text to research the theories of victimization presented in the chart below. The first theory is completed for you as an example of how to complete the chart.
- Summarize the theory of victimization, describing its meaning and core concepts as it relates to the nature of crime.
- Identify subcategories of the theory and describe each.
- Apply the theory to one (1) real life example or scenario. Briefly explain why the theory applies to the example you identified.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources as references, such as journal articles, newspapers, magazines, and publications from law enforcement associations. Note: Wikipedia, blogs and similar websites do not quality as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Use the chart template located here.
- Be typed using Time New Roman font (size 12).
- Include a reference page. References in APA 6th Edition formatting should be written in Times New Roman 12 point, in alphabetical order, double-spaced, subsequent lines indented, title / journals italicized appropriately, etc.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Summarize and describe various theories of victimization as they relate to the nature of crime in democratic societies.
- Apply the core concepts understood in the theories of victimization to real life criminal cases and scenarios.
- Use technology and information resources to research victimization theories and criminal cases.
- Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.
Note: This chart is just an example. Please use the Chart Template here to complete your assignment.