Read and respond to a case study to demonstrate your understanding of, and ability to apply, the most important concepts of the module, especially regarding potential pitfalls of communication media.
Review the case study of U.S. Cellular provided in files below.
In an integrated essay, analyze the case, providing support for your analysis by including the following:
- Critically evaluate the position that email tends to be generally unproductive in the workplace.
- Review the communication challenges of dealing with this volume of email.
- Examine the idea that job-seekers (and seekers of internships) must use the internet, and consequently email, to find a job. Discuss the implications for managers who depend on email as a form of communication and for hiring.
- Debate the concept of email “replacement” by using more of a social media tool and whether this might be better or worse when communicating throughout the organization or to external job-seekers (and seekers of internships). Include in your argument the factors that managers, specifically, must consider.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 pages in length
- Formatted according to the APA Requirements
- Cite a minimum of three scholarly sources, at least one of which is not provided in, or linked from, the course.
- First source- follows below
Robbins, S. P., DeCenzo, D. A., & Coulter, M. K. (2015). Fundamentals of management: Essential concepts and applications (9th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writing, which should be succinct where possible while also exploring the topics appropriately. Remember that you can always improve your work by providing support from outside scholarly sources, which help both to bolster your own assertions and supplement your ideas.