Critical Thinking Assignment Option # 2: Where Do Good Ideas Come From?
First, watch the following TED Talk: Steve Johnson: Where Good Ideas Come From
Based on your readings, research, and experiences, create a presentation on the role of critical thinking and its impact on the creation of ideas that solve problems.
Select one or both of the following topics for the presentation.
- The impact of fair-mindedness on creativity.
- Self-reflection on your present stage of development as a critical thinker (including intellectual values such as humility, courage, empathy, integrity, perseverance, and autonomy) and its effect on your pursuit of hunches and solutions to problems.
- Your presentation should include 8-10 slides, not counting the required title and reference slides and speaker/lecture notes for each slide. You may use PowerPoint or internet-based presentation tools, such as Prezi or Slide Rocket. Be sure to include the URL of your presentation when using internet-based tools. Paste the URL into an MS Word document and upload it with your presentation.
- Incorporate three scholarly sources that are not required or recommended readings for this course. Cite and reference your sources properly. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.
- Format your presentation, including all citations and references, according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements . You can find additional helpful guides on making presentations in the CSU-Global Library.
Review the grading rubric for this assignment, which can be accessed from the Module 2 folder, to understand exactly how you will be graded. Reach out to your instructor if you have questions about the assignment.