D1DB Analysis and Query assignment help
Deliverable 1: DB Analysis & Query (60 points)
D1: DB Project Analysis & Query: Develop a reasonable and realistic plan and outline the steps to accomplish the integrated project by the end of the course. You can also refer to Garden Glory project questions in Â§1~3 of the Textbook (at the end of each chapter).
- How could a well-managed database help the company better achieve its goals?
v Hint: refer to Text Chapter 1 for ” Advantages of database approach ” and apply that understanding to the GG project case
- What are the modification problems that are likely to occur if Garden Glory attempts to maintain the list below in a spreadsheet?
v Hint: refer to Text Chapter 1 for ” Modification Problems ” and apply that understanding to the GG project case
- Using these data presented in the list, state assumptions about functional dependencies among the columns of data. Justify your assumptions on the basis of these sample data and also on the basis of what you know about service businesses. Indicate what assumptions need to be checked with the users (GG) and what suggestions you may have about the determinants/keys (e.g., do you need a surrogate key?)
v Hint: refer to Text Chapter 2 for ” Functional Dependency ” and apply that technique to the GG project case
- Based on the above analysis and assumptions, split the sample list into tables such that each has only one theme. Demonstrate that the modification problems you identified in E have been eliminated.
v Hint: refer to Text Chapter 2 for ” Normalization Process ” and apply that technique to the GG project case. You can also refer to the 9 possible designs provided in the GG Project Questions section at the end of Chapter 2 in Text book, on pp.114-115, and choose the best one you believe.
5. Assume that based on your suggestions and their additional requirements, Garden Glory designs a trail database saved as Garden_Glory.accdb in MS Access 2013. Query the trail database using SQL statements and answer the following questions. For each SQL statement you write, show the results based on your data (you could press the “PrtSc – Print Screen” key to capture the results image) .
v Hint: refer to Text Chapter 3 for “ SQL Queries ” and apply that knowledge to the GG project case.
5.1) Write SQL statements to list all columns for all tables.
5.2) Write an SQL statement to list the LastName , FirstName and CellPhone for all employees having an experience level of Master .
5.3) Write an SQL statement to list the LastName , FirstName and CellPhone for all employees having an experience level of Master and a FirstName that begins with the letter J .
5.4) Write an SQL statement to list the Name of employees who have worked on a property in New York .
5.5) Write an SQL statement to list the names of employees who have worked on a property owned by aCorporation .
5.6) Write an SQL statement to show the name and sum of HoursWorked for each employee.
5.7) Write an SQL statement to show the sum of HoursWorked for each ExperienceLevel of EMPLOYEE. Sort the results by ExperienceLevel in descending order.
5.8) Write an SQL statement to show the sum of HoursWorked for each Type of OWNER but exclude services of employees who have an ExperienceLevel of Junior and exclude any Type with less than three members.