Organizational Strategy and Innovation
Each week, you will be asked to respond to the prompt or prompts in the discussion forum. Your initial post should be 75-150 words in length, and is due on Sunday. By Tuesday, you should respond to two additional posts from your peers.
This week you have learned about organizational strategy and how innovation matters in creating a competitive advantage. To demonstrate the importance of strategy and innovation, this week’s discussion forum will involve researching an article using one of the following sources:
- USA Today (www.usatoday.com)
- Wall Street Journal (www.wsj.com)
- New Your Times (www.nytimes.com)
- Forbes (www.forbes.com)
- Bloomberg Business Week (www.bloomberg.com)
- Inc. Magazine (www.inc.com)
- Economist (www.economist.com)
- Entrepreneur (www.entrepreneur.com)
- Harvard Business Review- (www.hbr.org)
Your task is to choose a current article (published in last 60 days) from one of the above-listed sources that relate to how managers form strategy and/or use innovation as a means to accomplish their responsibilities.
- Research a company that you believe is the most innovative company. Explain what makes it innovative and describe how this company uses innovation to gain a competitive advantage.
- What key points in the article supports your decision?
Copy and paste the URL address of the article so it can be easily shared with your classmates.
View your discussion rubric.