Prior to beginning this assignment, visit the U.S. EEOC website. The EEOC plays a main function in employment cases in the United States. For this assignment, you will locate a recent EEOC case within the last two years and address the following elements:
- Explain the general functions and authority of the EEOC.
- Provide a brief overview of the chosen EEOC case.
- Evaluate the EEOC non compliance issues related to the case.
- Explain the procedures used by the EEOC in investigating and handling the case.
- Analyze the potential sanctions/punishments that the EEOC may impose on the employer for non-compliance.
The Equal Opportunity in Employment Paper
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.