IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, OPEN THIS PAGE AGAIN AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH…
IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, OPEN THIS PAGE AGAIN AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
1. Which of the following best defines organizational behavior?
2. Organizational behavior applies the knowledge gained about individuals, groups, and the effect of structure on behavior in order to make organizations work more effectively.
3. Which of the following is not a reality for today's workforce
4. Christopher Richardson works as a graphic designer in Sydney. He often coordinates with colleagues working in Germany. In addition, he interacts with clients across the globe. Which of the following is most likely to facilitate his communications with clients and colleagues?
5. Which of the following is the major challenge for managers in a fully networked organization?
6. Stacy Hanes is an African-American woman who has recently taken her first job and does not seem to like the work environment at all. Her colleagues put down her ideas at team meetings and refer to them as “stupid.” In addition, they make fun of her race and often ask her if she is educated enough to work for the company. Which of the following kinds of discrimination is Hanes most likely subject to?
7. Which of the following is a biographical characteristic of an employee?
8. Which of the following best describes the physical ability known as trunk strength?
9. . FALSE
10. Any incompatibility between two or more attitudes or between behavior and attitudes results in ________.
11. Julie recently joined a youth center as a counselor who provides support services for teenage mothers. An important part of her job involves referring pregnant teenagers to abortion clinics, should they decide to avail of such services. This aspect of her work, however, conflicts with her religious beliefs. Her manager, Kyle, is aware of this and expects her to submit her resignation at any time, but Julie continues to carry out her duties in a sincere manner and shows no signs of quitting her job. Which of the following best explains this situation?
12. We have thousands of attitudes, but OB focuses on a very limited number that form positive or negative evaluations employees hold about their work environments.
13. Which of the following questions best helps understand an employee's organizational commitment? Do you believe in the organization's objective on sustainable work practices?
14. Job dissatisfaction is more likely to translate into ________ when employees feel or perceive they have many available alternatives and when employees have high human capital.
15. Which of the following is most likely to be experienced during a positivity offset?
16. Emotions can turn into moods when one loses focus on the event or object that started the feeling.
17. Which of the following is an example of a sedentary activity that does not play a crucial role in increasing positive mood?
18. Which of the following is an example of surface acting?
19. Which of the following is an example of deep acting?
20. Which of the following is an example of deviant workplace behavior?
21. Which of the following are characteristics of the intuitive type of people according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) classification?
22. Which dimension of the Big Five model refers to an individual's propensity to defer to others?
23. One problem with the MBTI is that the model forces a person into one type or another; that is, you're either introverted or extraverted. There is no in-between.
24. Motivation is defined as the processes that account for an individual's intensity, direction, and persistence of effort toward attaining a goal.
25. Why is Maslow's theory criticized?
26. Which of the following is a motivational factor according to Herzberg's two-factor theory?
27. Which of the following theories proposes that people prefer to feel they have control over their actions, so anything that makes a previously enjoyed task feel more like an obligation than a freely chosen activity will undermine motivation?
28. Which of the following ways of increasing self-efficacy is generally used by motivational speakers?
29. With reference to the job characteristics model, which of the following defines skill variety?
30. John Dunker is one of the best firefighters in his squad, and he recently received an award for his outstanding performance. From this information, it may be concluded that John's job has low task significance.
31. Job rotation can be applied in any setting where cross-training is feasible, from manufacturing floors to hospital wards.
32. Janice and Shane are both senior software analysts. They have worked together on projects for six years and get along very well. Janice is anticipating the arrival of her first child and will not be able to work on a full-time basis in the future. Shane is contemplating opening his own business as a home media installation consultant and does not want to continue to work full time. They both need some income. Which of the following alternative job structures would be best for Janice and Shane?
33. Telecommuting is an option that suits professionals like ________.
34. Which of the following statements best defines a workgroup?
35. Which of the following statements is true regarding self-managed work teams?
36. Jean Wills, a trainer with Leverage Inc., is infuriated because the conference hall that she had booked for her morning session with a new batch of trainees will be occupied by the HR team for the day. Jean feels that the company only superficially commits to training and that it is not a priority as this lack of facilities for training is a recurring phenomenon. Recently, she had asked the HR department to supply printed copies of her material for the orientation and training modules to the new trainees, and HR refused, saying the soft copies available on the systems would suffice. Which of the following contextual areas is the source of problem between the training department and the HR department in this scenario?
37. Araceli is a team member in a large corporation. She never speaks in team meetings because she has seen members talk behind each other's backs after the meetings. Members are constantly monitoring the other members' work and looking for mistakes to point out in a meeting. According to the information provided, which contextual factor is lacking in Araceli's team?
38. Which of the following statements is true regarding team composition?
39. ________ is a conflict-handling technique in which the parties in a conflict each desire to satisfy fully the concerns of all parties.
40. Which of the following conflict management techniques involves designating a critic to purposely argue against the majority positions held by the group?
41. A collectivist Chinese manager is most likely to use which of the following techniques for conflict management?
42. Most training is directed at upgrading and improving an employee's ________ skills.
43. Technical training has become increasingly important because of changes in organizational design.
44. Your company, Johnson Farm Products, has decided to expand its traditional business serving farm owners in order to include home gardeners in its customer base. This change is not met with enthusiasm by the sales personnel who have had good long-term relationships with area farmers. You know that the change will be difficult to implement if you cannot overcome the resistance of the sales personnel and obtain their cooperation. You have threatened to eliminate positions and even to close down the company if your sales personnel don't change their attitudes. The method for overcoming resistance that you have chosen is ________.
45. Who developed a three-step model for change that included unfreezing, movement, and refreezing?