ntroduction and Alignment
For this project, you will act as the person in charge of selecting new systems and managed services in your organization. Your project is a request for a new HIT system or to outsource an existing service. In this role, you have been asked to create a full proposal for your project and present it to the BOD at the next quarterly advisory board meeting.
Upon completion of this assignment, you should be able to:
- Analyze value realization and total cost of ownership methodologies.
- Textbook: Information Systems for Healthcare Management
Highlights from the development of the Information Technology Business Case and the HIT return on investment should be included in your presentation. Refer to Exhibit 13.5 in the textbook (page 355). Your presentation should address how the selection will be aligned with the organization’s HIT strategy, its operational effectiveness, and the competitive advantages of the recommended solution. Your final deliverable will be a PowerPoint presentation that you will be presenting to the Board of Directors to discuss your proposed topic in-depth. You are NOT required to submit a full proposal for grading.
- Create an in-depth PowerPoint presentation on your proposed topic (you submitted the topic in Workshop One). You are NOT required to submit a full proposal for grading.
- The presentation should address the following points:
- How the selection will be aligned with the organization’s HIT strategy
- The selection’s operational effectiveness
- The competitive advantages of the recommended solution
- Highlights from the development of the Information Technology Business Case
- The HIT return on investment should also be included in your presentation. Refer to Exhibit 13.5 in the textbook.
- Your PowerPoint presentation should:
- Include the title “HIT System Selection Project.”
- Have approximately 15 to 20 slides in addition to one slide for your introduction and one slide at the end for your references.
- Include a 3 to 5 minute audio summary using the PowerPoint sound recording function.
- In addition to text, you should use images to help explain your concepts.
- Be sure to document your sources, including images, in APA format.
- When you’ve completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Dropbox by the end of the workshop.