The quiz has 10 essay questions worth 10 points each. One to two paragraphs required for each question.
- Cite any information that you reword, restate or quote in accord with APA guidelines
- It is highly advisable to first answer the questions in a Word document and then copy and paste into the exam
- Grading rubric can be found in Course Information
Cutting and pasting from a source is plagiarism and will result in a zero for the question.
Academic responses from a source are to paraphrased with proper citations.
- What are the primary advantages of diversity in the workforce? Be specific with a summary of each one.
- Explain the three (3) main reasons for conducting performance appraisals.
- What is the key difference between BARS and the Graphic Rating Scale?
- What is the difference between a right and a privilege? Give an example of the difference within an organization
- Provide a summary of the Wagner Act/National Management Labor Relations ACT, the year it was passed and who it benefitted.
- Provide a summary of the Taft-Hartley Act (Labor Management Relations Act), the year it was passed and who it benefitted.
- What are the five (5) required steps to set up a representation election, such as union?
- What is the difference between a lockout and a strike?
- What is the difference between defined benefits and defined contributions?
- What are the four types of compensation along with a brief summary of each?