Acting as the human resource director for your university or workplace, design a new student or employee orientation program to offer information and socialization opportunities for incoming students or staff. Your design should be based on a blended learning approach and address the following elements.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Determine at least three (3) objectives with measurable criteria for the orientation program.
- Outline the critical elements of the program.
- Identify the knowledge, skills, and abilities you would like the participant to possess upon completion of the orientation process.
- Discuss the blend of training delivery methods you selected and explain your blend. For example, if you chose to include self-paced instruction for a certain element, explain why you chose self-paced instruction as opposed to other training delivery methods.
- Discuss the evaluation process you will use to assess the success of the orientation program.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain how orientation programs contribute to employee success.
- Examine organizational development and change process.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in developing human capital.
- Write clearly and concisely about developing human capital using proper writing mechanics.