As you complete the activity “The Fiscal Ship,” make sure you have the following information:
1. Your three policy priorities
2. Your most important spending and revenue choices (the game should summarize for you in the Budget Solution page at the end)
3. The percentage of target debt reduction you reached (you can click on “My Plan” at the end to see this information).
Write a short paper–no more than 500 words–that addresses the following points:
1. What were your priorities and most important spending and revenue choices? Why did you make these choices?
2. Were you able to significantly reduce the debt? If so, what were the key choices for doing so? If not, why not?
3. Do you think the major elements of your plan could pass Congress? Why or why not?
4. Include class concepts–particularly material from Modules 3 and 4 on the role of government–in your answer.