Due Week 10 and worth 230 points
A stance essay takes a position on a topic and argues and supports that position with evidence. Consider your topic:
- What possible positions/arguments are there?
- What position resonates with you? (Which position do you believe is correct?)
- What are your main points?
- What are the counterpoints? Are you ready to dispute them?
- Do you have enough evidence to effectively support your argument?
For the stance essay, your personal voice (your perspective) should come through. This is just like assignment 1, except you should maintain a formal tone. And just like assignment 2, you will need to support your points with credible sources.
Compose a three-four (3-4) page paper in which you do the following:
- Use third person point of view (POV) and the appropriate voice and tone throughout your paper.
- Write an introduction paragraph, which includes your thesis statement. It is suggested that this paragraph contain 5-7 sentences.
- Write a supporting/body paragraph for each of the three (3) points/reasons from your thesis statement. It is suggested that each paragraph contain at least 5-7 sentences.
- Write with logic and with transitions throughout your paper.
- Write a conclusion paragraph. It is suggested that this paragraph contain at least 5-7 sentences.
- Apply proper grammar, mechanics, punctuation, and APA formatting throughout your paper.
- Attached is a sample paper using a differwnt topic