Trace evidence is often the key to an investigation and may be your only evidence. It is critical to understand what trace evidence can do for the investigator. In a 1.5-2 page Essay, address the following prompts:
- What is the composition of vehicle paint layers?
- What is the best way to examine paint chips and how are they evaluated?
- How is soil collected and preserved at a crime scene?
- What standard/reference samples need to be collected?
- How is soil examined?
- What does the scientist look for?
Be sure to address all prompts and cite your sources in APA format.