Case Study 1: Cyber Security in Business Organizations
Due Week 7 and worth 120 points
Protecting organizational assets and information within the company has become a top priority for many organizational and company leaders.
Review President Obama Executive Order titled “The White House Executive Order 13636 Promoting Private Sector Cybersecurity Information Sharing.”
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Provide an overall summary of the executive order.
2. Determine the fundamental challenges that your selected organization or company (in general) face in general in regard to protecting organizational assets and information.
3. Specify the five (5) advantages and five (5) disadvantages of sharing your companies’ cybersecurity information.
4. Conclude by determining the main actions that your company would take after if a breach occurred and how would you evaluate the efficiency of such actions. Justify your response.
5. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Outline the strategic implications of information assurance and security in an information technology environment.
· Explain how information technology systems influence organizational strategies.
· Outline the challenges and strategies of e-Business and e-Commerce technology.
· Evaluate the ethical concerns that information technologies raise in a global context.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
· Write clearly and concisely about topics related to information systems for decision making using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.